- 1 peeled banana
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (doesn't have to be exact!)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons honey (agave, brown rice syrup, or maple syrup may be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda pinch salt, optional and to taste
- heaping 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips + more for sprinkling muffin tops
Preheat oven to 400F, and prepare mini muffin pans by spraying very well with cooking spray or grease the pans; set aside.
Add all ingredients and mix (except for the chocolate chips), and blend until smooth and creamy.
Add the chocolate chips and blend.
Drop rounded 1 tablespoon mounds into prepared pans. Fill to 3/4 full.
Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, check with a toothpick.
Before leaving muffins to cool in the pan, sprinkle chocolate chips to the tops.
If you have a standard pan, after 10 to 15 minutes, I like to place a baking sheet over the muffin pan, flip it upside down, and then flip that onto a cooling rack.
If you have a silicone pan (which I ONLY use now), they can sit in there for about 10 minutes and then I scoop them out onto the cooling rack.
Recipe derived from Averie Cooks